The year started out with a bang. Yesterday, I celebrated with 20 dear friends this new era upon us by throwing a Rebirthing Party. This was my version of starting over, starting fresh, and embracing who we are. It was a Ladies Only night and consisted of neighbors, childhood friends, school friends, friends made through Logan's activities, co-workers, and friends of friends. The ages of my guests ranged from 33 to 83. It was estrogen at its finest.After receiving the responses to my Evite, I shared a one week blog with a daily post with this group of amazing women. Each day, I shared insight to the different blocks that stand in our way and hold us back from being who we are or who we forgot we are. This included personal inventory, priorities, forgiveness, and acceptance. A fun task we all had to do was to find a theme song that fit our current stage of life. (I chose Iz' Somewhere Over the Rainbow which includes two verses from Louis Armstrong's Wonderful World.) The piece de resistance was when I asked each woman to look deep inside to find, remember, or invite a part of them that needed to come to life and rename that "woman." Let me introduce my feminine energy...her name is Lily.
The party was filled with activities: a firepit burning ceremony surrounded by a circle of colored lights in the backyard, energy clearing/tandem Reiki, gemstone lottery, candle lighting, and LCR - the best dice game with a buy in of $3. Add cocktails, drinks, and laughter...a wonderful way to begin 2012.
Looking forward to a fabulous 2012. Lots of good things coming our way...I can feel it in my bones. Happy New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment