Sunday, January 1, 2012

Good-bye 2011!

It's here. The "big" 2012 has finally arrived, and I am thrilled. The last three months of 2011 were filled with so much anxiety, stress, sadness, excitement, accomplishments, and joy. And that is why I had no time to write. Truthfully, I wasn't in the mood to write as my attention was turned to working on the house, getting Dad's things in order, preparing for the holiday season, and juggling bills.

Now the anxiety, stress, and sadness all stemmed from Dad's passing. I cry daily, but also find joy in each day. I decided that my mourning would be a time of celebrating Dad while appreciating each day. I often find myself grabbing the necklace with his religious medals, which hangs around my neck, and kissing them four times. (We always kissed four times. And if I mis-kissed him, four more times until I got it right.) Today at Logan's swim meet, I found myself with camcorder in one hand and the other holding medals to my lips as I whisper, "C'mon, Dad!" I know that means, "Do your thing. Make it happen. Help Logan." He is all around me.

The excitement, accomplishments, and joy are all a result of the wonderful things that happen to me on a daily basis. I truly feel as if I have Midas touch. Again, I feel that Dad is working overtime. Too many good things to even begin to list. One of the best things is my new car. I love her.

The holidays were enjoyable and surprisingly only two days that took me by surprise - Christmas Eve and New Year's Day. I really thought I'd get by unscathed. Good news though, my friends support in all areas made it more joyful then usual. From Thanksgiving at Tina and Chris', Secret Santa gifts mysteriously found under our tree (over 24 gifts!!!), Christmas Eve with Michele/Pat and Kelly/Charlie plus midnight mass with Miss Mavis, and New Year's Eve party hopping with friends. A fun-filled holiday season for Logan and me. A good ending for a difficult year.

No comments: