I am!!!
Logan is either a fish, Aquaman, or maybe even Poseidon. The high school Varsity Swim team started their season the first week of November. Funny thing, there was no water in the school's pool for FOUR weeks. This means the boys had to meet six times a week to do the dreaded Dry Land activities. As Coach said, having been a competitive swimmer himself, "...it is because of running that we swim." Swimmers hate running, squats, push ups, etc. Now what you have to understand is that their Dry Land was more like Boot Camp. Good news, two days before their first meet in December, they finally got in the water. And he has been in it every since.
Practice six days a week for 2.5 hours plus they added 1.25 hours every school day for December. And when Christmas break came and school was closed, they swam 3.5 hours each morning. After practice, the entire team of 30+ boys would all go off to a different swimmer's home for a breakfast of pancakes, eggs, muffins followed by a DVD. It was a great bonding time for all.
Now where does the Swim Fan come in, well, that's me. I get to enjoy the meets and the meets and the meets. Did I forget to say that Logan is on three teams right now?
Today we had a state meet for the Varsity team at the Aquatic Center which houses an Olympic-sized pool. There were around 20 schools competing which makes it more of beat-your-own-time sort of meet. Tomorrow morning, we are off to a local college pool for the club team. Tomorrow late afternoon, we are off to the Church team's meet at the Aquatic Center again.
Before you go thinking I'm one of those Texas Cheerleader moms, I'm not. The Varsity team takes precedent during the short season of 12 weeks. The club team takes a back seat other than the random weekend meet. The Church team is a gentler team with two lighter practices and lots of fun as there are other Varsity swimmers on team as well.
Varsity = Serious Swim
Club = Time Off
Church = Co-ed
We have three more weeks before the County Finals. And I will miss it.
Oh, did I remember to point out that Logan has one of the best times in his breast stroke? Proud Mama here.
No comments:
Post a Comment