Sunday, March 27, 2011

What's In A Label?

As I began taking the weekly Yoga-Pilates-and-Belly-Dance session out East, I had a hard time using the word Goddess which is what the sessions are really called – Goddess Sessions. I implied it with my post “My Experience as a Goddess”, but you may note I glazed over it.

I was always comfortable being a strong woman, an outspoken woman, a woman-who-thinks-outside-of-the-box, an emotional woman, funny woman, flirty woman, juicy woman, smart woman, and even a “good woman” which still makes me think I should be looking up at a big, manly farmer with straw sticking out of his mouth. The description of Goddess never was a word that I could use to describe me.

This has changed as I found a definition that I’m comfortable with. In fact, this is now a term that I think every woman should embrace. Give me some feedback if you find anything contradictory or blasphemous if you were to hear me refer to myself as a Goddess. Knowing me and connecting the similarities of this definition add up to only one thing…I am a Goddess.

Defining a Goddess…

*A woman that is in the process of learning to know, accept and love herself on all levels: mind, body, and spirit.

*A woman who, because she focused on a personal growth and self-awareness, experiences a life increasingly filled with peace, joy, passion, and fun.

*A woman that understands that she has an unlimited capacity to make her life anything she wants.

*A woman who is inspired to give to those around her out of her sense of gratitude and abundance.

Just wait until I do my Goddess portrait…there will be no doubt...Flora's got nothing on me!

No comments: