Sunday, March 27, 2011

Law of Attraction in Action...Take Two

PREREQUISITE READING: Today’s Previous Post

Now that you understand what I have latched on to, like a dog with a bone I might add, wait until you hear how my life has changed. I get what I want - what I truly want. It may come across very childlike or spoiled, but I prefer to think it is an acquired skill to ‘get what you want’ at no expense to anybody else.

Last week at Hyacinth (above photo), I walked around the shop and saw that some of the furniture pieces that displayed the many wares had SOLD signs attached to them. The owner, Tina, has some great little breakfronts, credenzas, tables, stools, etc. I noticed a big round mirror had a SOLD sign on it. I looked down and saw an old style dark wood three-drawer table/cabinet. There was an identical one only a foot or so away. It was only when I stepped back that I realized the mirror was part of a six-drawer vanity table. I loved it and was sorry to see a piece like that go. Now if you are a true Butterfly Living follower, you’ll remember that I am in the market for a vanity.

After weeks of staking out this shop, Tina, a Feng Shui expert, and I have had many talks about positive energy, Law of Attraction (as I refer to myself and Logan as students of the Law of Attraction.) I said to her that if the woman who bought this changes her mind, I’d like to be #2 on the list. She replied, "Sure, but the woman was very interested." I looked at her and said, “She’ll change her mind, and then it’s mine.”

Yesterday, when I popped in, I started to look at other pieces and noticed the SOLD sign was missing. I looked at her and said, “She’s not taking it, is she?” She said, “No, and you said that would happen.” So for $80…I got me a new (to me) vintage vanity. This was my greatest LoA act so far. I asked, believed, and received just what I wanted. (Psst! Isn't it nice?)

One more little piece of proof that I’d like to share. Getting fit, losing weight, exercising…that can benefit with LoA too. Here I learned that each time we attempt to lose weight, change our eating habits, or increase our activity after years of ups and downs, there are very deep rooted doubts that the Universe/God/Angels catch on to and thereby, cancel out a positive thought. So, instead of saying, “I’m going to lose weight”, as that’s been said often before, you say “I’m in the PROCESS of losing weight.” That is believable even to that nagging voice inside your head. Plus, by eliminating the hows & whats of the plan, just visualize your ideal weight, size, figure, etc. I tried that by simply stating, “I am a Size10 and weigh 130 lbs.” Guess what?!? I now find myself with a bottle of water in my hand, asking for a Skinny Latte at Starbucks, and passing on fresh baklava sitting 3ft from my desk. You ask me “Why?”Because that’s what a size 10 does. I unconsciously hypnotized myself with that one statement. Let's add the WalkWalkJog and some belly-dancing/yoga/pilates and you have yourself a Size 10 in the making.

Okay, ye non-believers, let’s see where I am in six months. Do you except that challenge? When you see a trimmer, richer, more peaceful Karen…then you will agree. In fact, I’ll repost this entire post and give you an update on all areas in a nutshell. So, come back online on September 27th and get ready to start yelling,
I believe! I believe! I believe!
Because lucky me, I already do.

No comments: