Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Year of the...

Maybe this is becoming a "birthday blog" as I post yet again on a loved one's birthday...MINE!

Anybody who is close to me knows I looooove my birthday. The only birthday that I love more is Logan's. Since today is truly the one & only day that is about me, here goes:

For the past few years, I have slowly been fine-tuning the adult I want to grow up to be. (I think in another 25 years or so, I'll have figured it out.) From 2004-2008, I concentrated on balancing work with my new role as a single parent. Then 2008-2010, I concentrated more on breaking some diet habits & slowly embracing a healthier lifestyle. Finally, in 2010, I concentrated on career & finances. Well, it's time. This new year of 2011, may be bringing me full circle to the point of - wait for it - becoming physically fit.

The final piece of the puzzle. I may have found it. The puzzle being "Karen The Whole Person."

As I touched on some soul searching that I did in my last post, it has really effected me. I find that my inner voice occasionally still whispers some negative prompts but another voiceis is singing out loud (inside my head) only positive affirmations.

Today, I will begin with driving Logan to school. I love the talks we have which are fewer then they were. I'm no longer the center of his life. Hard lesson for a parent...but very normal. Then on to enjoying a walk followed by working for only a half day at home. Also some pampering with Kelly & Tina. The evening begins with dinner with Logan & Hannah after swim practice at our favorite wings place. And finally, end up at dad's for cake. I love my birthday!

So...wish me luck as I begin the year of the fox...or - if I'm lucky - year of the cougar! Roar!

No comments: