I am listening to my iPod to my theme song for my new year as I write this on the train. Each year, I try to find a song that seems to have been written for me-at least for that time of my life. At one time, it was Gloria Gaynor's "I Will Survive." Another year, it was "Take This Job & Shove It." (Disclaimer: that was in 1993.) As you might have guessed from this blog entry's title, it is Helen Reddy's "I Am Woman." To my international friends & family or you young ones (song from 1972), here is a little piece from it:
"I am woman, hear me roar
In numbers too big to ignore
And I know too much to go back an' pretend
'Cause I've heard it all before
And I've been down there on the floor
No one's ever gonna keep me down again
Oh yes, I am wise
But it's wisdom born of pain
Yes, I've paid the price
But look how much I gained
If I have to
I can do anything
(Chorus)
I am strong (strong)
I am invincible (invincible)
I am woman"
I actually throw my hands in the air as I dance through the house, blasting it on the stereo, singing out loud each morning. (Logan has not yet witnessed this new ritual.)
So, now I ask you to find yourself a theme song. Make sure it inspires you and reply to this blog by commenting on your song. Share who it's by & why it works for you. I'd like to pull it up & listen to it-a different way to connect with you.
And so...I sign off reminding you...I am woman!
No comments:
Post a Comment