
This is the first time in a long while that I am home with Logan for the February break. We normally go for a week and visit the family in Florida. This year due to money and lack of as well as having seen my mom so much this past year helped me to decide to vacation at home.
I'll grant that it was cheaper but not as much fun as Florida. I figured we'd have a great time catching up with friends but almost everybody is away. Tina and family are in Florida, Kelly and family went up to Lucille's cabin, Michele was home for a quick cup of coffee but her kids had gone to Staten Island. But thankfully Zach was home for some marathon play dates with Logan.
So boredom put on the side, it was nice to NOT have anything to do. Logan and I caught up on some TV, enjoyed the "text" options on our cell phones and I've already read two books and working on the third one. I really can't complain since it's nice to just simply "be" in the moment.
Today Logan went over to Bill's for the rest of the break as I headed off to a funeral of a very dear and charming woman - Carol's mother Bea. It's been a rough year for Bea and her family and hopefully peace and strength can be found by all.
I have to say that I have never been to such a beautiful mass. Actually, if I remember correctly, Carol's father's funeral 10 years earlier also left quite an impression on me. For the father it was the four eulogies left by the adult children. This time it was the Priest and what he had to say. The Father read a story from an old Irish monastery. It reminded us that even though our normal way of communications have changed, it is as if the loved one has gone into another room, out of site but not out of mind, and that we should continue to talk to them and feel their presence as we would being together since the bond of love can never be severed. I cannot due this poignant story justice but I will certainly be contacting the Church for this version. I would like to save it for my own...50+ years from now...and hope it brings comfort to my loved ones.
I used to be fixated on death but have more recently learned the value of living for today. I really think my lapband is to thank for that. All the years I thought that if I just got my eating in control, life would change drastically. Well, guess what? I have the eating in control but life has not changed so much. I am increasing my exercise but again life is not that different. I still wake up, go to work, take care of Logan, visit with friends, and do my daily living. And you know what...that is my life and I love it. I will say it's nice to know that I will not gain weight and that I will get in better shape with each passing day. But I'm no longer in it for the "outcome." I'm in it for the long haul and enjoying each sunny, rainy, warm, cold, boring, exciting, rich, and poor days. Because once I finally get there, what's next?
So I end this entry with a reminder that today is tomorrow's memory - so let's make it a good one!
No comments:
Post a Comment