
I was all excited to write a bit about my recent eHarmony experiences and was looking for a fun spin on the title. It was only when I really looked over the word that I realized other words that may work as well. Maybe eHormone-y or eWhoreMoney or eHARM-on-me. You decide.
Anyway enough on playing with the words. Let's see if you find a different spin once I fill you in on becoming an active eHarmony member. To the folks that live in a mayonnaise jar and may not have heard of it, eHarmony is an online relationship service. eHarmony matches men and women with compatible singles taking into consideration what it considers key dimensions of personality.
It was on New Year's Day that I decided it was time to get myself out there. After all, I am physically out there charming my way through trains, buses, subways, and elevators. And yet - no connections. I'm also active with Logan's sports and believe that I am "out there" as well. At parties, I interact and draw people in. So what's the problem. I refuse to believe it's my weight. I can think of two wonderful men who anybody would kill to be with one overweight and the other short, balding, big nose...but makes all the women feel fantastic. It's because of these two gents, that I realize that is somebody or somebodies out there looking for me and loving me as is...so on to my adventures.
I spent a good hour answering the 180+ questions for the Personality Profile. And once that was complete, I hit enter and BAM! there were seven matches. Now to be a match means that you share 29 dimensions of compatibility. Once the computer works that out with it's database, your personal preferences weed out the people who do not have what you're looking for. The preferences are on religion, drinking and smoking habits, children, distance, and education levels.
Oh! Did I forget to mention that you also post your photos on this? (Thanks for the photos Lindsay L.)
So back to BAM! seven matches. I immediately jumped on the phone to Kerry and started filling her in on what I just did. When Kerry asked "so what did you do?" I answered her with what I thought was quite obvious "I shut down the computer." As if that stopped the seven men from looking into my life. Ohhh, Karen!
The next steps are quite simple. If me or he is interested, you go to "1st questions" and ask five multiple choice questions that you choose from a list of 50+ choices. Me or he can choose to answer or end the relationship by clicking "Close Match." If questions are asked and answered, then it's time for the other person to counter with five more questions. At this point you've shared 10 questions, and go on to sharing Must Haves/Can't Stands. This is a list of things that you can't live with or without. for instance, I "must have" a mate who shares my beliefs and I "can't stand" somebody who plays the victim. The questions and statements are quite revealing.
So where do I stand...short version...since January 1, I have closed 100 matches and been closed by 40 men. I have been contacted by three men. Two closed me and one asked to communicate outside (that was the Valentine match that I mentioned earlier) since he only did the Free Communications Weekend and was not a member. I decided not to communicate with that person, because if they cannot invest and take advantage of the super-cheap one-month trial...I'm not interested in the Cheap Charlies.
And now that I have grown a set of marbles, I decided to clean out my lists which are sorted in folders as New, Interested, and Maybe. I closed out a bunch of men that kept me open but did not reach out to me and I reached out to three men that I would consider getting to know better. And guess what (here's where reading earlier posts add to the blog charm) if they don't reply or close the match ....drum roll...I guess He's-Just-Not-That-Into-Me! And I will survive.
So you've been fully briefed on the simpler side of eHarmony. Now you tell me is it eHarmony or eWhoremoney?
No comments:
Post a Comment