Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!


Last week Kelly, Kerry, and I caught the new comedy He's Just Not That Into You. It was fun and reminded us of how ridiculous we were as young women. I found it to be right on target. For instance, the movie begins with a little girl being pushed down on the playground and called a bad name by a boy. Her mother consoles her by telling her that he only did what he did...here's the set-up...because he liked her. He liked her!?!

Aaaaaaagh!!! That was the first of many "enabling" words of advice that a female shares with another female to soften the blow. But maybe ripping off the band-aid would be the better way to go. Who needs words of comfort? It hurts, so get it over with and move on. Basically, be a man about it.

I'm happy to say that after all these years, I understand that if a man was interested in me after meeting me, he WOULD ask for my number. And if we went on a date and I didn't hear from him again, I WOULD understand that he wasn't interested. End of story. No explanations needed. No "he needs time" or "he's not ready for a serious relationship" or even "just wait a few days/weeks/months."

Not wanting to air Logan's private stories, I can only say that my son recently learned for the first and I'm sure not the last time, that She's Just Not That Into You. So even though I am past the drama of misconstrued, misunderstood, and misplaced love, I will have to relive it again and again through his experiences. Ugh!

But to sum it all up...he's all man! Before the night was over, he was over her and onto the next one. Truly amazing! Less than 18 hours later, a new interest on the horizon and this time an older lady! A 7th grader! You go, boy! As a mother of a son with no daughters, I am officially rooting for the boys' team for now on.

And to end this little blog with a teaser...

Today is Valentine's Day and I am happy to say that I got a nice hit from an interesting eHarmony match. I'll keep you posted. I'm ready for Cupid and leave off singing

"Cupid, draw back your bow and let your arrow go, straight to my lover's heart..."

No comments: