
"It's my birth-day!" Okay, not today but two days ago. Today is my dear dada's 72nd birthday. Wow - where did the time go? It seems like it was only yesterday that he was 71. Ha ha ha! Sorry, birthdays make me giddy.
If you know me, you know that I love birthdays and absolutely looooooooooove my birthday. It is a day dedicated to me. Everybody who calls to wish me a happy birthday is answered by "It's my birthday!" Again, they are calling to wish me just that, but I have to reiterate that it is indeed MY birthday. I don't need presents, just bare adulation from those in my life.
My birthday usually spread over a few days. This year was no different. Kelly, Kerry, & I had another one of our famous "K3" days. We went to the movies and saw He's Just Not That Into You and then on for drinks and appetizers at Houlihans. Lots of laughter and before, during, and after the movie. Definite chick-flick but I'm happy to say at the tender age of 30+, I realize that I do not need this advice. If a guy doesn't ask me out or were to follow up a date with a call, I get that he's just not into me. But for the younger Karen,this movie might have been a bright lightbult for me.
Onto actual birthday...met up with Kelly, Tina, and Anna for breakfast and more laughs. The day rounded out with Logan & Dad and me enjoying half an ice-cream cake. Mind you it was a Carvel's Little Love and you can only cut six small slices. In about 30 minutes, we'll go upstairs to celebrate dad's and finish off the ice cream cake.
Tomorrow at work, Robyn, Jen, Irene, and Gisele are taking me out as our Birthday Club to have lunch at Chevy's Mexican restaurant. We love this place! I think we do it for just about every body's birthday. And that will end my birthday celebrations for 2009.
Update on the rest of my life:
Logan's swimming is going great. They handed out some past place ribbons at last night's practice. He received 3 Blue Ribbon (1st place), 2 Red Ribbons (2nd place), and 3 White Ribbons (3rd place.) He is a swimming machine!
I'm running up to dad for our night of LOST and will catch you up on Logan's latest school adventures tomorrow or the next day. And don't forget..."It was my birthday!"
No comments:
Post a Comment