
Okay, I'm not Paul Revere but it was a good title. Logan has left for his cruise with his dad. At the same time the kitchen was finally completed. While he cruises through warm waters, I will be organizing the kitchen. Might not sound like too much fun, but I am so excited to clear out the living room from the boxes surrounding my arm chair. Hence, one by land and two by sea!
While he's gone I have only two things to do: organize the house for the new school year and work, work, work. It's a great opportunity for me to catch up at the office while everybody and their mother are on vacation next week. Traditionally Merrill Lynch executives take off the last two weeks in August.
I haven't really seen any friends recently as we all have so much going on. Kerry's mom is on the road to recovery but that puts stress on her free time. Kelly's busy trying to keep three busy children busy. Tina is trying to get through the days with full-time children around and taking care of all else including a big Sweet 16 party at her house. Michele is busy with baseball, tennis, and family activities. Karen is working and I'm not actually sure where she's at. All-in-all it will be nice when school begins again and we can reclaim some adult time together. I tell you if it wasn't for the great group of people I work with...I'd go batty. I can't say it enough "I love my department!"
Let me share an update on my banding experience. While Mom was up for two nights (one day), she joined me at the monthly lapband support meeting. I think she was impressed to see over 50 bandees (ppl)filling every seat in the house. Gabe-the-PA is the coordinator of this group. It's taking me a little time to get used to his no-nonsense ways but they are having their effect.
I think it was great for mom to see the struggles that I often talk about are echoed throughout the room. I walked away -- poor choice of word -- knowing that if I don't increase my exercise, I won't lose. My metabolism is so low that it needs to be jump started. I heard it from Mom, heard it from Gabe, and was most impressed to hear it from two successful young ladies who both lost of 120lbs in the past 15 or so months. These two ladies were overflowing with energy both positive and physical. I want that. I also realized that I haven't been drinking enough water nor eating enough food. So many little changes I have to fold into my life.
Tomorrow I'm setting two simple goals: drink four glasses of water and walk my local walk. I'll track these changes and let you know how successful I am by next Friday. Thanks for e-listening!
No comments:
Post a Comment