Sunday, August 17, 2008

And as the summer comes to an end...


...at least for me and my young son. Logan is getting ready to enjoy a back-to-back cruise with his Dad. Thus ending our endless summer together. It's been a great 7+ weeks of him being able to relax and recoup from a hard year of 5th Grade. His summer was quite full: nearly six weeks of summer rec, two weeks in Florida, days playing with friends, awesome 4th of July party, another slew of birthday celebrations (his), and tomorrow we're off to the pool.

Now for me the summer was full of fun, stress, sun, stress, work, stress, and many nice days. The stress really stems from getting an old debt off my back and living in limbo as I wait for a kitchen. Well, here's the update...

The debt will be paid off on time - August 26, 2008. Whew!!! Can't take all the credit for it but it's nice to know that it is gone.

The kitchen is finished, well, I'd like to say it is. It's like 97% done. All that is left is a back board on a base cabinet, the exhaust fan cover being cut to fit, the discussion of the unhappy counter corners, and sanding a drawer to slide better. All in all, I am able to maximize my kitchen and be a normal person. Logan and I have spent some time putting away things from the living room that now seem part of our decor. After all it's been 5 months since I moved my food processor in to the corner of the room. And what's that - the Teddy Bear Cookie Jar doesn't belong next to the telephone table?!? I guess I'll have to find a place for it. Photos to follow in the next few days.

Another fine moment for this summer was having Mom once again up for a visit. I've been living it up in Mamma Love -- my own version of Mamma Mia! I got to see her when I dropped Logan down there for his visit, got to see her again when she dropped him back, will see her in a couple weeks as Rudi and Mom pass through NY for 2 nights/1 day and am very excited to spend the first Christmas in 13 years together.

This was just a quick catch-me-up blog. Stay tuned for updates on the latest with Living with the Band (Lapland that is.)

No comments: