
It began with a stressful dripping and has now developed into an infinite promise of tomorrows. Each day I wake up thinking "today's the day." But now I ask myself "who really needs a kitchen?"
As I sit in my dining area, I look over at the beautiful new cabinets. When they first went up two weeks ago, I thought it was almost over. It's not. I'm waiting for the counters and back splash to be attached, paint to be painted, the microwave to be installed, the sink put in place, the handle-holes to be drilled, the exhaust fan to be put on, the crown molding to be nailed in place, and the switch plates screwed in.
I guess the trade-off for this never-ending wait is that I am dreaming of becoming the next Rachel Ray. I'm picturing omelets with chopped vegetables and fresh squeezed orange juice (wait-I'm not allowed to have orange juice). I can see Logan and me leaning over the counter looking at a cook-book planning out the week's menus. I'm picturing my bank account growing as we save hundreds of dollars on fast, processed unhealthy foods.
And now as I see the rain pouring onto the pool, I'm forced to wonder...is today the day? Can Marco deliver the counters or will we have to wait until next Monday when the rain is projected to stop?
The answer my friends to this simple reflection of who needs a kitchen...I do!
No comments:
Post a Comment