Tomorrow is the unofficial close of summer. Pools, parks, and beaches close. School begins. Traffic gets heavier. Air conditions quiet down. To some this might be sad, but I find myself excited to greet the fall season.
Logan begins High School on Tuesday and is more than ready for this school. After swimming at the pool for the past three years, he is very familiar with the public areas such as the cafeteria, the gym, the restrooms, the pool, the library and the hang-out-between-classses-area known as the Commons. He also knows enough upperclassmen to give him the comfort of belonging. Add to all this that he is expected to be on the Varsity Swim team, and it looks like an exciting freshman year for him.
Now as for me, it's my time. The summer was very busy work wise and also home-project wise. I am looking forward to continuing working at home three days a week but shutting down at 5pm. Hoping to put some of the long days of overtime to rest for now. This will allow me a more normal night life. I guess I see the fall as a time of more downtime for me than the busy summer days and nights. (Just wait until winter when I can just snuggle in a blanket and hibernate.)
Other than the loss of Shadow, this has been a great summer and no regrets. We played, danced, sang, worked, swam, ate, partied, and celebrated...who needs summer for that. Welcome autumn! Hayrides, hot cider, Halloween parties, fall festivals...hello fall!
Sunday, September 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment