It was time for Logan's annual visit to Florida to visit Joanie (his grandmother formerly known as Omi) and Rudi. This year, Logan traveled with his buddy Kevin, for a 10-day visit. Within a week, i was there for my portion of the visit, that being only 4 days.In my short time, we hit the beach, Sarasota's artsy boutiques, watched the boys go off on their segway tour, swam, jacuzzi-ed, shopped, movies, sat, talked, talked, and talked. This was the first time that the boys had spent so much time together. I think they did great and quickly recognized that they needed some "alone time" or maybe "away from each other time." And...to each boys' relief, this time was well received.
Now, I began this post with the title "hot,hot,hot..." and it was. After waiting a lonnng time in Burger King for four refreshing milk shakes, it finally dawned on me. Everybody thinks NYers visiting Florida are rude. We are not rude, we are just really, really hot.
As I finish this post in my cool, comfy bed, I hear the humming of my A/C overhead and smile to myself as I throw a blanket over my legs. Ahhh! or maybe Brrrr! sums it up. Happy to have gone. Happy to be home.
No comments:
Post a Comment