Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Flipping Rooms

As posted at the start of summer, we are flipping around our rooms. The master bedroom is becoming the large Family Room. Logan's small bedroom is becoming my personal haven. Our sunlit den is becoming Logan's lair. Within the next two weeks, two of the three rooms will be complete. It is such a renewing process.

This being my childhood home makes it that much closer to my heart. Let me further explain. Some friends do not understand the downsizing of my sleeping rooms, I'm embracing it. After 15 years looking up at the same ceiling area, I'm moving only 15 feet or so north. I believe that once I look up at the new ceiling, I may find the comfort in this ceiling as it was both mine and Logan's nursery rooms. Welcome back nostalgia!

Now in Logan's case, his new lair will be a room of convenience to him. It's the other side of the house & central to our day time living. No longer is his bedroom hidden at the back of the house away from every day living. He will be off the kitchen, dining room, and living room. In other words, he can hunker down in there and choose to be part of family living or just close his door and enjoy his hide away.

So as the final steps of painting, new flooring, and new beds take place, I look forward to rolling up my sleeves and finishing the last room of my post-divorce home. I find it apropos that the final redo is turning the master bedroom into the perfect family room. Ten years after the demise of my marriage...my time has finally arrived. I embrace our immediate family and finally understand that our family of two is as perfect as a family with both parents and the two or three children I had dreamed about as a child.

No comments: