Growing up, I always leaned towards, what I called it then, a Positive Energy. I'd joke with friends as I waved my hands across my body, like fanning smoke, and would say, "You're messing with my Chi."What does a 13 year old know about Chi? I'd give out Hug Therapy when friends were down or whip out bubbles at work and declare a Bubble Break. And when I heard a Tsk! or heavy sigh, I'd squirm a bit and try to ignore what it threw in my direction. I never was taught about auras. Though the idea of coloring people's energies did not seem far-fetched to my younger self.
Now, fast forward to the present time, and my belief system is finally becoming clear. In the past few months, as you might have gleamed from my recent posts, I seemed to have finally understanding my personal beliefs better.
For me, it all comes down to living and loving wherever and at whatever stage of life we are in. The tougher moments allow us to recognize the better moments. The better moments allow us to endure and get through the tougher moments. And if we will allow ourselves to help others AND ask for help when no volunteers present...then it is all good.
Recently, I asked Tina to bring Logan to swimming one morning during the school break when I had to work. I realized her three kids would be sleeping and that gave her a chance to relax in her beloved pajamas (Tina LOVES her rare pajama-time.) I will say knowing there might be a few of them that week for her, helped me to ask this favor. And...hardly doubting her answer...she said "yes." It felt good, and I know when was happy to help me.
Actually, it was Tina who recently told me I don't have to do it all alone. At that time, she had called Kelly to bring me for a procedure a few months ago when she was unable. I told her to not be silly as Kelly lived three towns away and a cab would cost only $5 or $$6. She (they) would not hear of it.
So now I continue to grow to appreciate that we all need to do things, feel needed, and appreciate being able to help as well as to ask and accept help.
Now, I began this post with positive energy, because of where my posts are headed. I seem to be touching on this energy as the core of who I am and want to continue to be. And with that, I end this post and begin another on the Law of Attraction.
Wednesday, March 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment