Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Law of Attraction

Several months ago, at the suggestion of a very successful friend, I read Louise Hay's book "Heal Your Life." This 1970s book touched my soul as her beliefs and words clarified my beliefs. From there, I read Arielle Ford's "Manifestly Your Soulmate" with the Law of Attraction.

Both books shared something that was easily digestable to me. Both believed that we need to love ourselves and accept that we are lovable as we are now. In the present body shape, the present financial condition, and whatever stage our current life path was on.

Now, I was fortunate to have been brought up by a mom who did not believe in guilt or regret. In the same token, brought up by a father who gave me my faith which is the basis of forgiving and caring about others. So, I got what Louise and Arielle was saying.

This has lead me to understand that believing I deserve goodness and that I am indeed worthy, has led to my many good moments.

Me and mom are blessed with finding parking spots up front in crowded parking spots. This example of a good moment dictates my life.

Now, I'm not saying my life was all rosy. However, I do believe in the most parts...it was and is.

The Law of Attraction has been proven to exist. It is simply asking, believing, and receiving. Seems simple, but our internal voices squash an encouraging outcome because we cancel out what we desire. I turn to my higher power (God) and refer to my Universe (still God) and seem to have learned how to quiet that negative voice.

This all happened when I met somebody unexpectedly for a brief 30 minutes who I connected with and left feeling great. It was only when it was revealed that he was younger then me (by Logan - thanks, son!) that I said to myself, "why would he want me? I'm old. He could find younger AND prettier, thinner. Within 5 minutes or so, I shouted inside "No! Out!" as I had stored subconsciously this gem from Louise. I realized several things. #1 - if there was a connection, he already met me, saw me, knows what I look like and recognized I was older. #2 - if he chose me (and I him as I'm part of the process too), I had to not every make an issue of "me" as there will always be younger and prettier girls throughout time. It was a release of my personal demon and block.

Now, I live each day knowing that I am worthy as I am. I've always said that...but only now do I believe. So I ask, CAN now believe, and am ready to receive. More LoA coming your way as there is too much to share on this one post. So go forward and ask, believe, and joyfully receive. I am.

No comments: