Friday, August 20, 2010

You've "weighted" A While Now

Yes. It's true. You've been waiting a while to hear about how the weight loss is going. Happy to say that "it's" finally going. Back in April, you may remember that I had the band adjusted after a year of no adjustments.

Remember, I wasn't hungry and I thought I had hit my "sweet spot," meaning found the perfect fit for my band and the amount of saline. Well, it's now four months and three days later. I am happy to say that I'm between 20-25lbs lighter since then. Can't give you an exact number because 2009 was the year of limbo, minimum tracking, and many mini successes.

Mini successes can also translate as many successes. My mom had recently asked me if I could do it over, would I? At that time, it had only been a month since I was adjusted. I shared at that moment the many mini successes that I had over the previous two years since surgery.

How many successes? Let's count...
  1. Stop binging.
  2. Wake up knowing that you didn't gain any weight since the morning before.
  3. Thinner than I was the year before.
  4. Even thinner that two years before.
  5. Smaller clothes sizes.
  6. Didn't gain any weight in a year.
  7. Didn't gain weight in two years.
  8. Maintained and still enjoyed a lil' bit of everything.
  9. No pain or reactions to the band.

I could probably think of more, but would people really understand these victories? I think only somebody who struggles(ed) with this could appreciate the many mini "whew" moments that I experienced.

Ironically, shortly after this conversation, the weight started coming off. Ironic because I had ended that conversation with mom by saying that one day that one extra loss of a pound will be the push that would get me going. And adding to the irony, it occurred during that visit of mom and Rudi.

I had lost about 7 pounds that previous month, but who notice? I really didn't and that was with stepping on a scale. But all of a sudden, the loss amounted to 60 lbs during that visit. Wow. I was now closer to losing 100 lbs than I was 11 lbs ago.

Now fast forward to today. I'm down 75 lbs and actually thinking more about walking, stretching, and little exercises. Thinking is step one for me. Logan, who stops swimming for two months, is continuing to keep in shape with pull ups, sit ups, push ups, jump roping, and some light weights. I asked him to train me BUT to start slow. So far it's been only a couple lady push up here and a 4-step run at the jump rope. Unbeknownst to him, when he returns from his next cruise, I'll be all ready for that little drill sergeant. Yes - he's even referred to me as a Maggot. I am now the proud owner of a Gazelle (Still in its box as we wait for the missing handlebars...okay I just lied. They were missing and the replacement bars were delivered yesterday. We'll put it together on Monday when he's back with me.) I would like to include daily walks plus a little routine of push ups, sit ups, and jump roping while he's away.

Yes - you thin or active people would say, "don't wait - do it now." But I will weight...a little more psyching up is needed. But trust me when I say...all in good time...all in good time.

No comments: