Sunday, June 20, 2010

Two Months of Catch Up


As I whispered in my previous post, it's been nearly two months since last post...let me give you a recap of what's been happening:


Houseguests - Mom and Rudi came just short of two weeks and enjoyed some Long Island living. This included visits with friends, Logan's Confirmation, biking in the city, glasses of wines, deep dark conversations, and a glimpse into our every-day-living as a single mom and young tween.


Confirmation - see next posting which will capture that day.


Employed/Unsure/Employed - I was on the edge of my seat for a day or so as I waited to hear if my contract would be extended or if I was going to be released. Happily, it stands that I've been extended again and I am very grateful. Without jinxing anything, it's all looking good.


Waiting on the Weight - I had told mom during her visit that one day and at one pound, I'll find the motivation I need to continue my journey of weight loss. Little did I know that it would happen while she was here. I broke out of the "70s" and am happy to be headed to the "60s." It seems more reachable now and I'm hoping I continue on this path.


Cluttered Mind/Cluttered Life - I've discovered how keeping a balance with my checkbook (overtime helps), my housework (Logan is now actively involved with two chores a day), and my health (had most annual appointments completed), all need to be aligned for me to move forward. I am feeling great all around and finding a great peace with knowing all is in tune.


School Ending - summer vacation begins officially on Thursday for Logan which means that my 9-month routine changes and allows me a different sort of freedom. I'm taking advantage of Wednesdays off and Mondays as half-days at home. That enables me to make the most of our summer before Logan leaves for his many vacations.


And that in a nutshell is what's been going on!

No comments: