
It's been nearly two months since my last post and so much has happened. I'd like to first wish all the dads in my life a Happy Father's Day. This group of men includes my dad, my stepdad, my former husband, my former father-in-law, the husbands of my many friends, and Logan's future stepdad (wherever he may be...I'm waiting...where are you?!?)
Dads are so different then moms. When you think of a mom, you think of softness, hugs, gentleness, wisdom, etc. When you think of dads, you think of big, strong, provider, protector, and the "man-ly" roles of the family.
For me, I think of my faith and the symbol of fathers as leaders and protectors. It saddens me to not share this day with Logan's dad because it's his role as a father that completed my path to motherhood. I hope that he sets good examples for Logan as in how to treat and respect women. This is a role I cannot take on. I can teach my son to be a gentleman with manners and respect...but will he understand his role as a man, husband, father? I also hope that Bill is able to understand how his actions and reactions set examples for Logan. Remembering his finer qualities, I do encourage Logan to follow his lead. An example is how Bill enjoyed racquet ball and joined leagues not knowing anybody. He followed his heart and was able to do so for himself and nobody else. It's important do embrace and develop our wants regardless of others. It's important to know when to do this and when not too. Let's leave it at that.
On the flip side of the coin, I look at the men in my life and am grateful for the goodness that they brought into my life. My father has introduced me to my faith and taught me how to forgive and move on. My stepfather has taught me to understand that you don't have to be blood to be "one of us" - sorry Rudi...you are! He has taught me to know that not everybody agrees with me...but that's okay. My experiences with my papa and my opa, remind me of the generations before and what they did for their families as their lives were colored with war and loss...and yet survival.
My biggest hope is that Logan learns and understands the many aspects of being a good father and that he can take the good from all and turn the not-so-good into strengths as he -- way down the line -- becomes a father. So with all that said...HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to all and know that you have touched and effected the lives of others.
Love & Hugs!
Karen
No comments:
Post a Comment