Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Even Noah Would Say "Enough!"


Brrrr! Ickkkk! Ughhh! You never hear me complain about the weather, but it's time I begin. It has been cold and wet and just plain icky this past month. A couple weeks back after Logan's last meet, we were hit with blizzard winds of 70+ mph and rain, rain, rain!

Many friends had trees down and damage done to property...luckily no injuries or house damage that I know about. Today, weeks later, as I was working at my laptop, I could not believe how much the pine tree in the back was bending. I never would have thought twice about that, but after the last big storm, I now respect Mother Nature that much more.

So some may say "March comes in like a lamb, and out like a lion!" I say "March is a crap shoot and only one more day to go!"

This past month had a lot going on. We had a nice visit with Kris for nearly a full week. This fun-filled week included the typical spa treatments, visits with life-long friends, and a couple of swim meets. Not too much adventure, but enjoyable by all.

Logan finished his CYO swim and is ready for the summer sessions to begin. He won 1st place 7 out of 8 meets in 50 Breast. He did well in butterfly and freestyle winning a total of 23 out of 24 ribbons in all colors. The big wins were the Championship when he came in 3rd in both Breast & Free. Considering he finished third out of 14...he was proud as was I.

On to my personal March highlights, I have been working, working, and working. Thrilled to be busy, I am currently juggling 73 contracts which is the most I've ever had in my career at one time. This is very challenging but quite exciting. Hoping it screams out JOB SECURITY. In this day and time, no such thing...so I just keep my head down & keep working.

Easter's coming up and we're waiting for the Easter Bunny. Other then that, all is fine. I may do a couple posts capturing some more interesting days. In the meantime, Happy Spring to all!

No comments: