Saturday, November 8, 2008

The Day After (11/5)


So…there’s a new president-elect. As a woman, I am excited to see a minority achieving a top position. It’s going to take a while to get used to the non-traditional American surname. With predecessors like Bush, Clinton, Reagan, Carter, Ford, Nixon, Johnson, and Kennedy – I think you get my picture – Obama is not going to run off our tongues.

I mean out of the names I mentioned maybe a foreigner would struggle for a split second on Reagan but then again the south said “Ree-gen” and the north said “Ray-gen” so that was more of an accent issue not pronunciation. Obama just doesn’t flow for me. Not yet at least. (I don’t think I have to mention Barrack Hussein falls under that same direction for me.)

I’m sorry. I’m losing my thoughts. As a woman, it’s wonderful to see the glass-ceiling of politics cracking. But is it going to shatter the nation into a multi-cultural unity? I for one hope that we become one nation – American. No black American. No white American. Just American. But truthfully…my main issue is color-blind. What is going to happen with our economy? If President-Elect Obama can turn this around and help us to pull away from Bushenomics, then he’s my man! And if he can’t, he’s just another president to me.

Many of you know that I do get involved with local politicians and issues that touch my world. My faith in my voice counting continues to give me the confidence to believe that America is still the best country in the world. And if in four years, the nation is worse off, there are two options. We can elect a woman to finally get it right or maybe we can elect *Tom Clancy for President. She or he may be the only ones to save us!

Good Luck Mr. President Elect! As a nation, we are behind you. We have to be.
*Ref: “Executive Orders”

No comments: