
Yesterday in Church my seat-mate, a sweet Italian lady who has been visited by St. Padro Pio three times, touched my shoulder and said "you seem so happy." The funny thing is I was just sitting there chatting with Mrs. Salerno before mass began. And to realize that my aura is one of happiness, pleased me beyond words. About a month or so ago, I listened to a visiting priest talk about being content. We always think "the grass is always greener in the neighbor's yard."
I don't think that way.
He went on to say that when we're 10, we want to be 18. When we're 18, we want to be 21. When we're 21, we want to be 25. When we're 35, we want to be 25. When we're 50, we want to be 35. With all those examples, I understood what he was saying: appreciate every moment and realize the beauty of that age. The priest did admit that at 70 years, he most certainly did not want to be 18 again…but 50 wasn't so bad.
And I think that's where I'm at in life - my "content stage." This includes my weight-loss story. I'm no longer calculating how much I'll weigh in six months. I'm happy to know that I'll get there. I'm not regretting that Logan's not my baby anymore (always will be!) but instead, I'm enjoying his pre-pubescent years and the wonders of discovering that girls are not entirely icky. Though they're not babes…yet. And finally, my family is healthy - what more can I ask for? So yes Francesca...I am happy!
Are you?
Let me end off this little monologue with a saying that I have taped on my computer at work:
"You'd better slow down. Don't dance so fast.
Time is short. The music won't last."
Slow down folks and enjoy every moment of this song we call Life.
No comments:
Post a Comment