Wednesday, August 27, 2008

"Cruise Logan Cruise" (Run Forrest Run)



Tropical Storm/Hurricane Gustav is travelling a similar path as Logan's 2nd cruise.

TOP PHOTO: Logan was stopping at the Caymans today (above 'b.') and on to Cozumel tomorrow (above 'a.')

BOTTOM PHOTO: That is where the Carnival Inspiration was today.

As many of you know I try not to borrow trouble. After all, my day-to-day living has enough troubles lately and I do not need to find unwarranted worries. That being said...I'm worried.

I wasn't really concerned until a colleague at work came out to say that Gustav is on the way to her Jamaica vacation spot. No worries for me there. Then I got a call from a Financial Advisor who is trying to get a client home from the Caymans and thought my department Meeting Services could help out. Hmmm! Little worries churning.

I casually call Carnival Cruises to see if they have any changes in their itinerary. Nothing at that time. Still uncomfortable, I call Bill's parents and ask if they've heard anything. They hadn't. We left off that if Bill calls them that they'd call me and let me know all is fine. No news yet.

So here I am sitting at my computer and pulling up the Gustav path map. Side by side on the screen I have the map of the Caribbean and the weather map Guess what? According to my observations, Gustav is only an inch away from Logan.

Another call to Carnival Cruises and I hear they're on still on schedule. I asked Iris -- my cruise guide -- if they'd change the itinerary. She said they would but only when Gustav would be closer. I asked her "isn't one inch close enough?" She laughed and told me a resounding "no." Funny thing - I wasn't joking. I did feel better though when she said it wasn't hitting the Gulf until Sunday. That was I felt better until I computed in that not only do I have to be anxious about the cruise but I can also be concerned about Logan's return flight. Yippee! I love cruise season! {{{heavy sarcasm}}}

No comments: