
That's right...Logan had a Moving Up ceremony at his new school. It's still nicknamed a graduation by the parents but it's official name is Moving Up. I started our day by decorating the front of the house with a banner, balloon, and some graduation hat cut outs. Dropped Logan off at school in his suit and tie and then took off with dad to his middle school for an hour wait. Lucky as always I got a great parking spot and didn't even have to drop him at the door. We got great seats and waited for the festivities to begin.
The children looked beautiful in dresses and suits. There was a very small handful of boys in golf shirts and slacks. More boys had shirt and ties while another handful had suits. Loved the suits! Logan gave me no problem with the jacket. In fact, I told him he didn't have to wear it but he thought his purple shirt was too much. Not at all...I'll email photos soon.
The ceremony was wonderful but it took a little while for me to realize that there are larger fan clubs for some children than others. Of course Logan falls in the "less" category. Me/dad and Bill/Betsy (somewhere in there) were Logan's fans. Remind me in the next life to marry into a big family and have lots of siblings and cousins for him to have hooting & hollering at this sort of event.
Now as this is my blog and not his...let's get back to me. After the ceremony we went into the cafeteria for some juice & cake. With 125 students and families you can imagine that it was a bit much. We stayed a short time, took some nice photos, and headed out to lunch. Unfortunately the restaurant (IHOP - nothing to fancy for my son!) was packed and we couldn't get in. He was thrilled to skip it and go get his newest DS Gameboy game - Guitar Hero. It is an awesome game, I must say. We went home and grabbed a bite from the local pizzeria. Logan was in Heaven. Okay, back to me. I wasn't. I actually had a little melt down and couldn't understand why. It was only when somebody pointed out that I lost out on my special meal (it's true - I had it all worked out) that I was so upset. Just goes to show you that food is an issue for me and something I will continue to fight until I really understand it's connection.
Maybe it's better for me to explain that after a late night of shopping and preparing for his graduation, getting all clothes ready for him, other him, and me, getting up earlier than Logan to decorate outsides, drop him off, get other him settled in, and than a little chaos at the ceremony...comfort food was my reward for a stressful time. AND let me add that I am very sad to see him leave his elementary school and move up and a bit away from me. Food is to me what a "last beer" is to an alcoholic. Happy to recognize this I hope to grow from this (spiritually not literally.)
Logan ended his evening with Bill and Betsy at Dave 'n Busters. Nice way to end an exciting day!
No comments:
Post a Comment