Friday, June 27, 2008

The Celebration Goes On



Logan's last day at elementary school was quite sad...for Mommy. Logan didn't sniffle or show any emotion. It seems to have been just another "last day of school" for him. Not me!!!

I teared up when I walked him into school and saw my friend who does the attendance. You can't get into the school without passing Joanne C.

I welled up when we walked to the Main Office to drop off our thank you notes to the custodians, secretaries, principal, asst principal, and special teachers - art, music, and gym.

Nose started to run when we left Main Office and saw favorite Teacher #2 and and then walked in to favorite Teacher #1.

More tears as I heard such lovely things from his Horizon's teacher.

Got a hold of myself and videotaped the 5th Grade Scavenger Hunt followed by PTA breakfast for the hunters. By the time I picked him up -- after leaving the school for 30 minutes -- I was done.

That afternoon I went by the catering hall to help set up and then went home to get Logan ready. He wore the "boy uniform" of dressing up which consisted of khaki shorts and plaid button down.

The hall was so festively done up in red for our Amusement Park Theme. Each table had yellow, red, blue balloons in popcorn boxes. We had an ice sculpture as a center piece -- see melting version pictured above -- plus popcorn machine & cotton candy machine set up as you walk in. We had a photo booth (wooden booth for posing) and had our resident photographer a.k.a. yearbook guru take individual shots of students all night long. And the best piece to me was the mini roller coaster that was set up by the entrance. Even the tables were named with photos of various amusement parks throughout the U.S.

DJ was an hour late but really quite good. Food not so according to Chef Logan. The night was loud but fun. PTA chaperones were eagles & all over the place - men's room, ladies room, entrance, 3 dance floor spots, 3 photo boothers, cotton candy, and popcorn...duties for all.

Logan treated this like a true roller coaster. He had his high moments and his low moments but in the end it will go down as a memorable night.

And me - I ended the night meeting the moms at the corner pub for a drink. (Me - water...I had my 2nd fill today. More on the next post.)

Good Bye 5th Grade! Hello 6th!

No comments: