
Today I was treated to a one-hour facial at The Cornelia Day Resort by one of my hotel brokers. Now I've had facials before. I've had home facials, spa facials, student facials, and wellness facials. Before today my favorite facial was at Nordstrom's. At Nordstrom's you sit in a quiet area filled with soft, relaxing music as you soak your feet in a hot bowl of water with a warm towel draped over your neck relaxing in a comfy terry cloth robe and enjoying an herbal tea. After a wonderfully soothing facial, you are treated to a cold elixir. Lovely!
Well, today was over the top. I was first escorted to my private locker which had my name posted on it and found in it new slippers and a comfy robe waiting for me. I upgraded my robe to an upgraded size and changed into it - au Natural plus panties. Then I was escorted in to the quiet room where I sat on a lounge enjoying a nice cool drink of water. (They offered teas, juices, and water.) From there my esthetician Sophia escorted me to her room where I stripped down with a towel draped over my body and began my facial while enjoying their signature mineral infused foot bath, soothing light warm stone therapy and a nourishing antioxidant paraffin treatment for my hands and feet. She even took out this High Frequency wand that zapped the bacteria out of my skin. It was phe-nom-in-al!!
After the facial I could have relaxed on a chaise lounge in the library and read a book, take in great Zen music, and relax with champagne. But I went on to enjoy a lovely lunch in the rooftop garden with hotel reps from the Loews Hotels.
I was meant to be rich and pampered and am thrilled to see that some of the royalty treatment from a previous life still pours into my present life.
Ahhh-to be a Queen for a day!
www.cornelia.com/shop/index.php
No comments:
Post a Comment