Sunday, June 15, 2008

To All The Fathers I've Loved Before


Very happy to say my day began with Logan. He returned yesterday from his cruise and Bill let him spend the night with me though it was their weekend together. Today Logan is back with his Dad and Grandpa and I believe returning tonight to spend some time with Nu Papa.

Today at Church the Priest shared his belief of the traditional family and what it is. He wasn't knocking divorced families or single moms but it's funny how I look into this with a wrinkled nose. In this day and age with the way the world is I would cherish being able to live in a "traditional family." But what is that tradition? In my mind it is two parents working as a team to develop the family unit. At the moment our familiy tradition is that I get to be mom and dad for the time Logan is with me and together we will make this a loving tradition.

So for the moms out there who do both roles, to the dads that do their best in their father role, to the ones we've lost - Dennis, Ol Papa and Opa, and to the ones still prominent in my life to some degree including Logan's Dad, mine, my step dad, and my former father-in-law, I wish you all a Happy Father's Day!

Now on to Karen's World...

Kitchen - currently in limbo.

Big TV - was picked up and set up. Loving it!

Lap Band - back on track and thinking I'm over plateau.

Gym - meeting with trainer this week.

Kickboxing - postponed due to working on Mon/Wed when class is held.

Little Blogger - Logan has began his own blog. If you'd like to be a visitor, please respond by "commenting" to this post and he will email you an invite to his blog which is called www.loganscruise.blogspot.com. You need to be an invited guest to enjoy his blog.

1 comment:

Kris said...

Hey Karen,

Very interested in reading Logan's blog. So please add me!

Kris