Monday, May 19, 2008

Five Weeks Old

My baby belly just turned 5-weeks old today. It's been that long since I went "under the knife." Unfortunately I am not seeing any weight loss and it is becoming quite discouraging. BUT I did speak with the doctor's office and found out that the first eight weeks are the toughest week for just that reason.

When I went to the required support seminars before surgery they had said that but I thought it wouldn't apply to me. After all if I need 2200 calories a day to sustain my current weight if I drop to 800 calories that is 1400 less a day. Since a pound is 3500 calories, I'd be dropping at least 2-3 lbs a week. [1400 x 7 = 9800 / 3500 = 2.5ish lbs. Well nobody told me that my body would fight to hold on to the weight. So I guess Hurley from LOST is in the same predicament which explains his living on a deserted island and not losing weight. Oh well time will tell.

The good news is that I had my "first fill" appointment moved up a week to Friday, May 30. Supposedly that will boost my weight loss - though that too can take some time.

And one last note about the weight situation, people tell me they can see a difference so maybe I did loss water weight & now it's the fat weight that is staying off. If that's the case...I'm thrilled!

How did I make out with the commute to NJ on Saturday? I did fine. I'm still intimidated by the bottle neck traffic going into tolls, out of tolls, and on & off the bridges. But I did it! Another victory for the woman in me.

Little Oliver was adorable and what a great time we had. I made some new friends and enjoyed some old ones too. Best of all I was able to eat like an normal person (grilled chicken, grilled pears, little tune taken out of a wrap, and a plateful of fruit for dessert.)

I'm off to the last PTA event of Logan's elementary career - the Thank You Tea. This is always a nice celebration for all the volunteers. I am passing on the year-end dinner. It's not exactly lapband-friendly so I'll enjoy tonight even more.

~~Karen~~

No comments: