Friday, May 16, 2008

Cafe' Symposio


Tonight I went out with Kelly & Kerry to celebrate Kerry's birthday. Once again we hit our favorite restaurant - Cafe' Symposio. It's a neat little Italian restaurant with a grand piano, fun artwork, and a laid back atmosphere where we normally are the last to leave.

As tradition goes we share two dishes and enjoy some great company. this was the first real dinner I had at a restaurant. To tell you the truth...this meal didn't seem as memorable as meals of the past. Maybe I'm really turning a leaf here realizing that food comes in second when it comes to a social event.

I love the fact that I can enjoy my friends without eating bread or scooping up some creme brulee'. This makes it easier to plan events without that fearing the food portion of the nights.

Tomorrow I'm off to NJ to enjoy a garden party for little Oliver who's turning one. Let's see how I handle that. Looking forward to spending time with my favorite work-buddies: Robyn, Irene, and Jen-the-hostess.

Weight wise I'm finally getting closer to the number I was just two weeks after surgery. I won't say numbers until I'm there. Trying hard to not get caught up in numbers.

Kitchen is still non-existence. Cabinets were finally ordered today and supposedly will take 2-3 weeks bringing us to the first or second week of June. Thankfully I'll have the stove connected so we can at least have some home-cooked meals.

And finally for my moment of pride - Logan agreed to read 17 books for a Battle of the Books challenge for the 5th graders. They had to take a test at the end of, I think, six weeks. He did awesome and is was the first person called on in his class to join the team of five to compete with either other classes or the other three elementary schools. It's nice to see him receive recognition for a job well done.

Off to bed now - I have a little road trip to NJ and I'm already nervous about driving over two bridges. Ugh! Much harder to close your eyes over a bridge when you're the driver.

Wish me luck!

~Karen~

No comments: