Saturday, April 19, 2008

The Metamorphosis Begins...


For years I wanted to change many things about myself and was always stumped as where to start. I believe in several life mottos and one of them being "never regret." It's almost an oxymoron for me to want to change but never regret that I didn't, couldn't, or maybe wasn't ready.

So...at the tender age of 40...(mom - that makes me 360+ months)...I decided to see what was out there that would help me change what needed help most. To me this tool is my brand-new lap band surgery. It's been now five days since I went under the "scope" and started my journey into butterfly living.

Karen's Definition: Butterfly Living
(noun, adjective, and verb)
butt-er-ph-lie_liv-ing

1) Live life as if you only have 30 days to live;
2) Realize that beauty begins within and needs time to grow;
3) Live outside of the coccoon and see how great the world is.

I share this blog with my family and friends to let them know what is going on in my life as I fight my way out of this coccoon I've been living in for the past 10 years and am ready to take on the world.

No comments: