This weekend, I was very fortunate to have a private lesson with my Reiki Master who spent the day working with me on what I've learned, gave me further training, and gave me two more attunements bringing my level of Reiki up to about 90%. What a special experience it was!At the end of the training, I did a Reiki session on him and was most rewarded with a smile and his astonishment as to how "hot" my hands were. He had planned to critique me after the session, but finally gave up letting himself go. The purpose of Reiki is simple but effective with the goal of relaxing and reducing stress. It was obvious from his hanging limbs that I accomplished that. He then did a session on me which was quite relaxing and a great lesson on his style.
That evening, I felt ready to tackle my mom. Always a supportive and non-judgmental person (always!!!), I was anxious for her to feel the energy and further understand my interest. We are a very practical family and for me to stray from mainstream activities could be a challenge or even concern. I’m happy to say that the results were better than I anticipated.
At the beginning of the session, I asked mom if anything was bothering her either physically or emotionally. Nothing came to mind as she said that all was fine by her. It was only when I finished that she reminded me that she suffered with ‘cold & numb’ feet which are a result form the chemo eight years prior. Let me tell you, when she said that, my face broke out into a big grin. That explained why my hands were drawn to her ankles. Normally, the joints seem to direct the Reiki. So when I felt the sensations over the ankles that prompt me to stay there, it became clear - her feet were drawing in the energy. Later that evening, I did what I call "patch work" on her feet. I simply sat on the couch with her feet in my lap and did, as Logan says, my Whomp Whomp BPow.It seems that mom snuck a peak and was ver surprised as what she thought was my hands we pushing on the soles of her feet, my hands were nowhere near them. They were above the tops of her feet and not touching any part of them. NOW, she is beginning to understand the energy of Reiki.Now that I am a Reiki II practitioner, I will be included with a group of volunteers at a well known hospital that is embracing the healing power of Reiki. Life just seems to get better and better for me.
1 comment:
great posts! nYou should consider posting them on Glenn's Facebook page..Xo
Post a Comment