Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Moving Along...Finally

It has happened. I now exercise regularly. Yep, looks like I turned that corner. Now some of you couldn't understand the point of having a Personal Trainer and NOT exercising regularly. Well, I blame it on those darn neurons in that thick, pretty head of mine. Negative reinforcement...negative feelings...and pride in an ugly form.

I am happy to have added what I call Walkwalkjog to my daily routine. I wake up early -- yes, I hear your voice, Mom, loud and clear -- and walk 2 blocks & jog 1 for 30 min. I don't really like it. In fact, I dread the "jog line" that I see in my head as I cross the street after my second Walking Block. On the other hand, I do like the "walk line" that greets me after that single Jogging Block.

I asked Jen, who runs, "Why does my butt hurt?" She said that it's a good hurt. So I guess that's my butt's way of saying "you go, girl!"

Let me also add to this Moving Along post that I enjoyed my second week of my once-a-week Chakra Movement class. I felt a wee bit more flexible. What I did gain from last night's class is that one of the girl's that I find very motivating is slightly juicy and reminds me that real women have curves. Just watching her move her body and get lost in the music, helps me to refocus my image of what a real woman is. THAT is my block with all that I do. I realize that I never could visualize myself as a girl with curves...or maybe see myself as a woman. I guess it's time to let that girl leave my head and welcome that woman home with all her strengths and overcome any lingering weaknesses. After all, from age-old pinups like Bettie Page and Marilyn Monroe to the more recent current day beauties as in Emme and Kate Winslet - all "saftig" (German for Juice-y!) and all quite real. Doable. Reachable. Obtainable.

After all, I AM woman...aren't I?!?

Yep, I am.

No comments: