Sunday, July 11, 2010

A Night in the West Village

Working in the city for over 17 years and rarely hanging out after hours...may be a thing of the past. I met up with Lynda at her apartment in the village and had the best time. We began with a short walk from her place off Christopher Street to the Village for a fantastic dinner at Alta.

Lynda being a tiny little thing and me eating like a tiny little thing - couldn't have found a better place. This Spanish-Mediterranean style restaurant served the best tapas-small plates of yummy delights. After enjoying a refreshing glass of fresh sangria and filled-tummies of all different tastes, we went on to a "typical" bar for the West Village community and then on to an even better bar with piano playing, crowd singing, alcohol drinking folks, and Lynda - an amazing woman in her own rite.

The convenience of the subway right there and direct ride to Penn made it an evening that I will probably do more often. It was so nice to be out and not talk about work, being a mom, being a suburbanite, and just enjoying the people watching and remembering how to just unwind.

Now the flip side to a "night in the west village" will be tonight's " night at the beach." So I'm going from city partying to family celebrating with healthy summer fun. Tonight Logan and I will meet up with the local group of friends for splashing in the water (kids) and parents watching on (adults) relaxing in our chairs by water's edge. It's been so hot that it will be nice to feel a breeze and ocean freshness.

I guess that means...city...islander...it's all good as long as I'm enjoying myself!

No comments: