You might notice a pattern with my life. About every six weeks or so, I need to escape to a night with my soul-sisters Kelly and Kerry. Yes, it was time. Time for another K3 night. Oh, what a night!For this night out, we decided to once again try something new. For a while, we were content with our local Cafe Symposio. More recently, we've been branching out and enjoying the results. This time...the new adventure was The Melting Pot.
This neat fondue restaurant was worth every penny...many pennies at that. Everybody should treat themselves to this unique dining adventure. Limit the alcohol because you will need your wits about you or risk a bad case of food poisoning or perhaps the need for some bacitracin ointment.
We knew we had a late reservation, so we purposely arrived a bit early to enjoy a predinner cocktail. For a change, we went with cocktails over wine. I enjoyed a Caramel Apple Martini while the others sipped a rich beer and refreshing Mojito. We took the drinks into a cozy little lounge that we had to ourselves - fake fireplace and all. When we were called to our table, we came upon our marble top table with a flat glass top burner in the middle. That's right...we were cooking our own meals.
Our waiter Amitel was the most charming 24 year old who put up with the three cougars. He helped us through our night of wine, cheese, land (meat) & sea (fish) bites, and a rich dessert of chocolate and sweets.
Wow - I really rushed through the food portion of the night. The truth is that it was an experience that words can't really capture. Now as the want-to-be-writer that I am, that seems thoughtless (literally!) but it was simply put very cool. To help you visualize it, let me high light the night with various quotes:
"oh...I dropped my bread"
"no double dipping"
"...is two minutes up yet? Land is two minutes? Sea is one and a half?"
"I dropped my chicken"
"pass me the dark sauce"
"pass me the white sauce"
"which is two minutes?"
"now I dropped my potato"
"pass me the spicy sauce"
"I am so bringing Logan here."
"so much food!"
"which is two minutes?!?"
"no double dipping"
"...is two minutes up yet? Land is two minutes? Sea is one and a half?"
"I dropped my chicken"
"pass me the dark sauce"
"pass me the white sauce"
"which is two minutes?"
"now I dropped my potato"
"pass me the spicy sauce"
"I am so bringing Logan here."
"so much food!"
"which is two minutes?!?"
This 120 minute meal was worth the 12,000 pennies plus drinks.
Go enjoy a fun night of fondue with someone you love. If you want to go cheap, do only dessert...that was the best part of the night!
No comments:
Post a Comment