Thursday, May 8, 2008

Waiting for Weight Loss

Wait...weight...wait - I've gained weight?!? I don't understand. I was doing so great and dropping the weight so fast. Well now I know why - our bodies have more water weight than I ever realized. It was exactly one week after I began eating about 600 calories a day that I gained 6 lbs. I was shocked. My dad had told me to stop weighing my self daily; so when I made the 35 lb goal I decided to do just that. One week later I was kicking myself asking when did the weight come back. The next question was how can I be gaining weight if I'm not consuming the needed 3,500 calories.

1 pound = 3,500 calories

~ or ~

Drink some liquids after not drinking for weeks = 6 pounds

I'm no longer discouraged realizing it will all catch up. Have to admit that I'm not so encouraged at the moment. But time will tell.

So what's a girl to do? I'll tell you. "Hello Exercise! My name is Karen and I've never really gotten to know you...nor ever wanted to. But now I'd like to make you my new best friend."

My wait for the new kitchen is almost over. Plumber came yesterday, new floor goes in on Saturday, and next week (hopefully!)comes the rest of the kitchen. Logan and I are looking forward to christening the new kitchen. I cannot wait to cook our first meal and even more looking forward to Logan's first meal for us.

Speaking of Logan - he had his first Shaolin Kempo Karate class today. He looked great - though a little quiet and reserved. The children are younger than him and have been doing it for years so he will need some time to develop a natural style or stance. I expect him to bypass them quick enough with his agility, confidence, and perseverance. He came home and immediately put on his Gi (uniform to me ;o)

Looking forward to a lovely spring. Going to go take a walk now.

~Karen~

No comments: